» Welcome Guest :: Log In :: New Posts

SiNNeRz
a420_b_smokin_m - a*Fire*within - amoon - Byte_Me - Diabolical - DruidMagik - Dusk - FEAR_THE_DEMON - Fire)\/(an - Foxhound - GurL - Guns - KidKill - )\/(artin - Masked Avenger! - m3d!c@t!0n - Mercinary - Oberon - Phython - Queen_B - Q-Ball - rAveN - rOxxx - Runnin - Slatts - Straycat - the_Kleaner - TokZik - Trodger - TwistyTank - WiLdEr - Wolverine - VA - Vicious - Xofer - Ye@_Right - Ylran ... and growing!
1v1 Server: .......................
20 player Server: 108.178.44.218:7778

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Saying good bye...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
slatts Offline
Overlord

Group: Super Administrators
Posted: Mar. 01 2010,12:49

Saying good bye…

I had to say good bye to an old friend yesterday. It broke my heart to see him go.
His twin brother has offered to step up to the plate and take on the responsibility his brother had, along with his own.
My friend’s heart was still strong, but his memory was diminishing quickly. At first I had no idea he was ill, although he was stumbling a bit with out explanation.
I can’t help but feel it was my fault, and I know I shouldn’t put the blame on my self.
I tried to ease the burden of his daily responsibilities, by having him switch daily tasks with his twin brother. (That lasted half a day). Needless to say that life support would not do in this case. We tried life support for a couple of hours… but his brother and I knew it would not last. So I said my last good byes… I reacted over and flicked the switch.

With in seconds all life that was in him died. This was the end. I my self decided to pull the plug on a long time friend. To day I look at the lifeless body wrapped inside a bag that sits beside me. I can’t help but wonder if I could have done something different to help save his life. I should have seen the signs and tired to help. Maybe if he had gotten the help he needed sooner… maybe I should have switched places with his twin sooner in life, giving the demanding work load that was apon him. I wouldn’t be in this boat today.

Knowing that the two of them have been working real closely together for about 5 years now, I know it is just a matter of time before the brother dies as well. Today I have been giving it a lot of thought, and have already started looking for two new replacements.

So today as I look at the shiny static bag. I say good bye to my primary Gforce 6600GT
My secondary has been removed from slot 2 and placed in command in slot 1.
The SLI Bridge sits abandoned on top of my desk, and I have lost half of my rendering power. My games will still run, but not as fast. The quality just isn’t there any more.

Thanks for giving me a shoulder to cry on.
Slatts.
:(

Edited by slatts on Mar. 01 2010,12:52

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
wilder Offline
SiNFeCted

Posted: Mar. 08 2010,22:23

:O
had me going until about the 4th paragraph down.
try slickdeals.net  every now and then they post cheap video cards that is better than 6600GT.
Profile PM 
slatts Offline
Overlord

Posted: Mar. 09 2010,09:20

lol yes i know... the forth gives it away from the start. my mother called the other day and asked me what i was doing.
i told her i was writing an obituary...

as for the card... i am not going to worry about it unless the other one goes for a dump. i am done school in 8 weeks and primary goal is to find a job asap.
once i get working again, and some bills up to speed... i am going to build a new system. the 6600GT was smoken back when i bought them.... :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
Byte_mE Offline
senile and cranky old fart

Posted: Mar. 29 2010,10:24

i mourn the loss on your faithful friend..<>

--------------

~SiN~Byte_mE's First Law of Opposition
Profile PM WEB ICQ AOL MSN 
3 replies since Mar. 01 2010,12:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]