» Welcome Guest :: Log In :: New Posts

SiNNeRz
a420_b_smokin_m - a*Fire*within - amoon - Byte_Me - Diabolical - DruidMagik - Dusk - FEAR_THE_DEMON - Fire)\/(an - Foxhound - GurL - Guns - KidKill - )\/(artin - Masked Avenger! - m3d!c@t!0n - Mercinary - Oberon - Phython - Queen_B - Q-Ball - rAveN - rOxxx - Runnin - Slatts - Straycat - the_Kleaner - TokZik - Trodger - TwistyTank - WiLdEr - Wolverine - VA - Vicious - Xofer - Ye@_Right - Ylran ... and growing!
1v1 Server: .......................
20 player Server: 108.178.44.218:7778

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: First time on the SiN server In almost a year.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Queen-B Offline
Drunk N Twiztid

Group: ~SiN~ DM Clan Members
Posted: Sep. 19 2006,22:23

Noone was there.So I played the bots.That Is a very nice map Slatts.Also get this,I played with a lap top  hooked up to an external monitor 7 feet away.  :D  I need a usb kb so I dont have to use the lap top kb It really sucks for UT.But It was fun just to be connected to the SiN server.  :laugh:

really one of the best maps I've ever seen,and I've seen alot In my time.Again GREAT job SLATTS.

:love:  :love:

Edited by Queen-B on Sep. 19 2006,22:34

--------------

Profile PM 
slatts Offline
Overlord

Group: Super Administrators
Posted: Sep. 20 2006,02:21

Thank you. I am quite fond of this one; I learned allot from this baby... to think it almost hit the cutting room floor.
At one point in time it had pool tables, stage and 5 piece band and dart boards.

The idea came from a bar I was in a couple of times out of town. When I had started this one I had no clue about scaling.
And I had a real hard time making things line up. Of course there is the learning curve of ED 2.0...lol their are no proper instruction guide out there except for a hand full of tut's other peps have done. For some reason you can find more now these days.
This model has had tings added and ripped out over and over again... sometimes when I am half in the bag, I forget what version it is and go looking for a secret door thats not there
Anymore.

Most people who build maps only use a couple of lights and max them out... brightness and radus... if you can open this map with the editor and see the hundreds I have used... you would laugh.
I spent months trying to get the right lighting to what I wanted.
Months after I said flub it... and cut it loose.
They came out with this book...Unreal Technology

This sucker was $79.99 the day of release. Was meant for UT 2004 using the ED 2.5 engine. But what I have found is just like windows... she is backwards compatible with ED 2.0 you get free Maya UT moddling software with it. (Never used it need Win XP to run) the key to what I am saying is that I spent months working lighting learning how it works... and this book tells me what I already figured out the hard way...DOH!
I had neither book nor helper for that map. Just trial and error.
I was very worried about frame rates. But it does seem smooth.
Needless to say I am happy with it even if the map was never completed to were it was intended.

I was flattered a couple of weeks ago... found the church I re did and the war room on XxxX server then latter on all ~SiN~ maps were added to their servers... but they chose those first... the church isn't mine.. I just re-modeled it.
Some people become pissed when others use their maps and build off them. I think that this is an honor my self, some one thought your work was great and wanted to use it...
I enjoy doing it. A form of art. And keeps me home out of trouble...lol. I would be willing to help anyone interested in learning. For me it is fun. I have a list 10 times the length of my arm for ideas... just don't have enough skill to pull most of them off... but I am learning.
If you would like to understand more, but not interested in building maps. If you read buy this book. Very interesting.
Seen a couple on E-bay cheap.

I did get a sneak peek at the interface for the ED 3.0 engine coming out for the 2007 and all the other games using the Unreal Technology this book is compatible with them as well.

Most peps build a map and add a song. I want to pick songs a build around them in a theme...

Thanks again.
You should send me a bunch of new pic's Becky...
I promise I won't hang them in the shit house....lol

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
1 replies since Sep. 19 2006,22:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Quick Reply: First time on the SiN server In almost a year.
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Enable your signature?
Enable emoticons?
Track this topic?
View All Emoticons
View iB Code