» Welcome Guest :: Log In :: New Posts

SiNNeRz
a420_b_smokin_m - a*Fire*within - amoon - Byte_Me - Diabolical - DruidMagik - Dusk - FEAR_THE_DEMON - Fire)\/(an - Foxhound - GurL - Guns - KidKill - )\/(artin - Masked Avenger! - m3d!c@t!0n - Mercinary - Oberon - Phython - Queen_B - Q-Ball - rAveN - rOxxx - Runnin - Slatts - Straycat - the_Kleaner - TokZik - Trodger - TwistyTank - WiLdEr - Wolverine - VA - Vicious - Xofer - Ye@_Right - Ylran ... and growing!
1v1 Server: .......................
20 player Server: 108.178.44.218:7778

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: CD vs DVD, and paying extra for DVD rant!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wilder Offline
God Like

Group: Super Administrators
Posted: Oct. 26 2005,17:04

I personally think we are at a time where everyone who has a system capable of playing these new generation of games has a DVD-ROM, and they should start releasing these new games in DVDs not CDs!

I hate going through installing games like Doom3, Sims2, Halflife2 swaping out CDs every minute!

These games require a fairly decent new system to be played to its full potential... and I can bet most system has a DVD-ROM.  Should these publishers release games more under DVD, and have a more limited CD editions?  Hell, include BOTH!  and not worry about 2 different editions and packaging.  Would save them time and money while making customers happy with buying a more valuable package.

What about paying $5 - $10 more to get the DVD version?  What is up with that?  It's the same game but on DVD.  It's not even a different box!

One of the best "Collector's" Edition package I bought was Halo2, and Doom3 for XBOX.  For $5 more, you get a really cool aluminium case.  Not the same plastic case with a different label, "DVD Collectors Edition".  

You know who I feel sorry for?  All those suckers who purchase the HalfLife2 Collectors Edition set.  That's really screwing with the hardcore fans.  It's base of cheap cardboard that gets damage and crushed easily.  It didnt even include a DVD case for the DVD!  Was in a CDROM jewel case.  I was smart enough to wait a year later and find it on Amazon.com for $30 -- the original price was $80!!!!!!

--------------

AKA ~SyN~AmEn -- CTF
Profile PM WEB ICQ AOL MSN YIM 
0 replies since Oct. 26 2005,17:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Quick Reply: CD vs DVD, and paying extra for DVD rant!
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Enable your signature?
Enable emoticons?
Track this topic?
View All Emoticons
View iB Code